History of the War in the Pacific
August 1942: A 19yr old signal 3rd class L. G. Staples writes of his Guadalcanal experience, his life belt, and his mom in Akron Ohio as told by actor Gary Sinese
WWII Philippines 8 December 1941 The war warning of December 6 had put US Army General Douglas Mac Arthur into action. When Pearl was being bombed, his planes were in the air, his shore defense were manned, and he thought the first attack would come his way, as the war plans expected.
The King of the Pacific See this amazing original color film of the war in the Pacific with the aircraft carriers role in it. Rare film not colorized but original stock color film.. The King of the Pacific war was the American aircraft carrier see why it was in this amazing film.
History of Tinian Island Pacific Ocean Fly over it and you notice a slash across its north end of uninhabited bush, a long thin line that looks like an overgrown dirt runway. If you didn't know what it was, you wouldn't give it a second glance out your airplane window. Fatman came from Tinian
Ed Amerault WWII Guam war pictures from Guam post invasion 1945 Camp Bright on Guam a small boat repair facility in southern Guam. Just after the invasion the defeated the Japanese.
Mareeba Airfield 21 Sept 2011 remembering the airman who were lost
Last Island Invasion Don Lumsden was part of the last Island Invasion of the war in Brunei Bay off Borneo.
Oldest Living Frogman: Don Lumsden former WWII frogman of Florida recalls his days with the UDT Teams the predecessor of the present day Navy SEALs
Two former frogmen: Don Lumsden Alan Voorhees didn't look much like the big, bad Underwater Demolition Team dudes they had once been some 60 years ago at the end of World War II.
Eniwetok Island Februaty 1944 18 February 1944, the Amphibious Force under Rear Admiral Harry W. Hill landed troops on Engebi Island, Eniwetok, securing the island before the end of the day.
Burmese-Jungle Sniper action with British troops in Burmese jungle during World War II
- Marines-on-Okinawa Footage of intense fighting on Okinawa
- Friz Payne oldest living WWII Ace at 100yrs of age
- Leyte-Gulf The landing of General McArthur
- General-McArthur People of the Philippines I have returned.
- USS Arizona Memorial A video of the survivors right to be buried with their shipmates
- Battle-for-Anguar Documents the invasion and capture of Angaur Island
- Battle-for-Guam July 21, 1944 the Americans landed on both sides of the Orote peninsula
- Battle-of-Peleliu-PalauU.S Marines Conduct an Amphibious Landin
- Battle-for-Rabul-Harbor Rabaul, a large natural harbor on the eastern end of the huge Island of New Britain
- Battle-for-The-Marshall-Islands Marshall Islands in World War II
- Battle-of-Rendova-Island The amphibious assault on Rendova Island
- Battle-of-Savo-Island USS Quincy: Ghost of Savo Island
- Battle-of-Solomon-Islands America's Battle in the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific
- Battle-of-Saipan The Battle of Saipan was a battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II, fought on the island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands from 15 June -- 9 July 1944